Remove Security From Portfolio View

I have a security that I am no longer investing. It has no cash balance nor shares. I was able to remove it from the view on the left hand side Accounts list. But I can't figure out how to remove it from the portfolio view which is messing up my totals and summaries across all my securities. As a work around, I changed the classification to Other so that is has a different summary but I really would like to remove it from the view. Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm a little confused by why, if it has no shares and no value, it is messing up your totals. Where are the totals messed up?

If the security is showing in the Portfolio view, what it is showing for Shares and Market Value? Normally, if you sell/remove value of  a security completely, it simply disappears from the Portfolio view. 

I created a test security and bought .000001 share at $.01 dated yesterday. Today, I entered a sale for the same. If I set Portfolio dates as of yesterday, I see the test security with it's .000001 share and .01 value; if I change the Portfolio View to today, the line simply disappears from the list of my holdings.

Also: what did you make disappear from the left sidebar, and how? The sidebar shows accounts, not securities. If this by any chance a single mutual fund account imported from Quicken Windows? 

Or is this an account that does have value, and you simply hid the account? If you unhide the account, what is the value in the sidebar? The key to making it disappear will be removing shares so it has $0 value, not hiding the account. 

Please provide some additional information in answer to these questions, and we should be able to get to the bottom of it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • julio.bouza
    julio.bouza Member ✭✭
    I am as confused as you are ROFL.

This is for a single account. The account had shares. Early July I added a Sell Type transaction for all shares which decreased the Shares and increased the Cash balance against the account. Then I created a Payment/Deposit type to move the Cash balance to another account. The account itself shows zero shares and zero cash balance. I then hid the account from sidebar and all is well there. Except that the the Portfolio stills shows it has shares and Market Value. Not sure 100% or what I am missing :(
This discussion has been closed.