When Quicken first prompts for data file password, the cursor is not in the password field.

When Quicken first prompts for data file password, the cursor is not in the password field. So when the prompt comes up, I often type in the password before I realize that nothing is happening. You have to first click in the password field, then enter the password.

This is something the programmers can easily fix. When the password window comes up, please put the cursor in the password field!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the year and version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I see this too, maybe 40% of the time, in R20.15 and maybe one or 2 versions back, meaning it's a relatively new bug. It takes an extra click to focus the password dialog. But it seems random when it occurs.
    @Jan Burch, do you see this 100% of the time? And as Sherlock asked, what version of Q?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jan Burch
    Jan Burch Member ✭✭
    Hi Sherlock and Rocket J. Squirrel,
    I am running Quicken Home Business and Rental property, Year 2019, Version R21.16, Build 27.1.21.16. I think it happens 100% of the time, but can't swear to that. The product was just updated today as I started Quicken, and the problem occurred right after the update.

I hope that Quicken folks will fix this!

Thank you.
    Jan
  • Jan Burch
    Jan Burch Member ✭✭
    Yes!!! Today after restarting computer, the focus was in the password field! I hope it stays that way.

Thank you All!
    Jan
This discussion has been closed.