Updating Quicken on Windows resets the number of uncleared transactions

Options
I apparently haven't learned my lesson after years of being a Quicken user. Here it is. Don't install an update from Quicken. Today Quicken updated to R19.7 (after asking for my admin password). Today is 8/27/2019. In my account registers, transactions back through March are now marked as uncleared. This happened the time before. The only workarounds I know of are a) don't update Quicken and b) backup frequently so you can restore it.

Does anyone have other advice?

Quicken, you can do better than this. I don't know what to say to help you.

Best Answer

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Help > About Quicken says "Quicken 2017, Premier, Version: R19.7, build 26.1.19.7".

I discovered that restarting Quicken fixed the problem. So from now on, I know to do that.

Thanks for your quick answer!

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    R19.7 doesn't sound like any current release I'm familiar with. What are the full 4 numbers of the version? E.g., 20.1.19.7. US or Canada?
    Possible solution (c) is perform the usual troubleshooting steps.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Sheila
    Sheila Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Help > About Quicken says "Quicken 2017, Premier, Version: R19.7, build 26.1.19.7".

I discovered that restarting Quicken fixed the problem. So from now on, I know to do that.

Thanks for your quick answer!
This discussion has been closed.