Why can't I print reports

When trying to print a report, I receive an error message 'Unable to verify the active printer at the system level'. I just started receiving this message today. I was able to print reports a couple of days ago. I am able to print invoices or checks but not reports. Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO, what has changed?  Did you get a new printer?  Install Q on a different computer?
    Have you run FILE, Printer Setup, For Reports/Graphs on your current setup?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• cwnm
    cwnm Member ✭✭
    Nothing changed. Quicken is on the computer it has been for years. I upgraded to Windows 10 about 4 months ago. I'm using the same printer for over 4 years. I ran File, Printer Setup, for Reports/Graphs and get the same error message that I receive when trying to print the report
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Windows 10 by default no longer has a Default printer. Are you sure you're printing to the correct printer? Have you tried reinstalling the printer software?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    cwnm said:
     I am able to print invoices or checks but not reports. Any ideas?
    Please review and comparare your -> File -->  Printer Setup -->
    - two entries -
    --> Print Checks -->
    --> Print Reports  -->

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• CWNM, how did you resolve this issue? I am able to print reports but suddenly not able to print invoices. Nothing has changed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    CWNM, how did you resolve this issue? I am able to print reports but suddenly not able to print invoices. Nothing has changed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Check your customized invoice layout in the Forms Designer. Did you select a company logo to be printed on your invoice?
    If so, does the logo file still exist in the folder where you said it would be? Or was it deleted or moved?
    Also review File / Printer Setup / For printing invoices that it points to the desired printer.
This discussion has been closed.