How do I navigate Spending Over Time Report?

Have new Mac Air. Can’t find scroll bar at bottom of Spending Over Time report to move left to earlier months in the current year!

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is no scroll bar on this screen. Simply position your cursor in the body of the report and move left or right on your mouse or track pad (no clicking; just move your finger).
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @jacobs  I don't think that will work if you are using a single-scroll-wheel mouse. So Sandra should use the trackpad on the Air. Depending on how you have scrolling set up on the trackpad, it's probably a left/right motion with two fingers placed on the trackpad.

Alternatively, if you scroll to the bottom, the horizontal scrollbar should appear (if you have scrollbars turned on in System Preferences):

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Ah, yes, if you scroll to the bottom of the report, there is a horizontal scroll bar internal to the report (an add user interface); I don't scroll down far enough! I have just always used a finger (on a magic mouse) or two fingers (on a trackpad) to scroll left or right in tis report.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Thanks, folks. Understand. Scrolling is set on Always. Sadly, when I scroll to bottom of page, horizontal bar doesn’t appear. Two finger slide not working either. Tried manipulating the size of the window. Didn’t work.
    Am thinking this may be a Mac problem? Will try calling Help desk, but of course today is a Holiday. Bummed!
  • Just checked other reports...horizontal scroll appears. Maybe it is a Quicken issue. I’m using 2017.
This discussion has been closed.