How does reporting work?

I made a noncash change in an Account as of 12/31/2018. I increased a Current Liability, and the offsets (split) were to two business Categories (expenses).

When I run the Balance Sheet dated 12/31/2018, the changed Account balance is now correct. But the offsets to the two Business Categories are not reflected in the Profit & Loss for the year of 2018.

Why not?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do those 2 categories have Sched C tax lines associated with them?  Are there any other transactions that use those 2 categories?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• don@
    don@ Member
    There are other transactions that use those 2 categories.

Where is the tax line association done for the Category?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

To be included in business reports (and I don't know where else) you have to assign the category to a schedule C tax line item number.  To check the tax line assignment open the Category list by either clicking on the Category Icon or go to Tools-Category List or Ctrl+Shift+C.  Then select the category and right click on it to Edit it.  Click on the Tax Reporting Tab and check the box for Tax related and pick a Schedule C: tax line item.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• don@
    don@ Member
    I am posting these two split category amounts to categories already on my 2018 P&L. It's just that these changes are not changing/being included in the balances of the two category amounts for 2018 "adjusted" P&L.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double check the date(s) of that transaction.  They might not fall within your Fiscal Year 2018.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• don@
    don@ Member
    date not a problem.
  • don@
    don@ Member
    have done that
This discussion has been closed.