Can one export a customized Investing View to Excel?

PAUser
PAUser Unconfirmed ✭✭
:/ I've set up a custom Investing View and would like to be able to export it to Excel. Is that possible? I've looked and looked but cannot figure out how.

It would also be nice if it were possible to customize the Investing reports further. They are limited in the amount of customization permitted.

Best Answer

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @Dan Glynhampton , why do you choose ".PRN (123-Compatible) disk file" over "tab-delimited (Excel compatible) disk file"?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PRN option generates a CSV file that you can open directly in Excel if you give the file a CSV extension.

With a tab delimited file you have to go through Excel's text file importer..
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    Hi, @Dan Glynhampton , why do you choose ".PRN (123-Compatible) disk file" over "tab-delimited (Excel compatible) disk file"?
    Hi RJS, it's simply because the .PRN option produces a file where each field is separated by commas (a CSV file in other words) which Excel can open directly.  If you use the Tab delimited option Excel can open it, but it treats it as a text file and you have to go through the three-step Text Import Wizard.  I prefer the simplicity of having a CSV file.

Edit - Dang! Jim beat me to it.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • PAUser
    PAUser Unconfirmed ✭✭
    That seems to work. Thanks! I wonder why Quicken makes it so difficult/awkward? I also wish there was a way to customize reports exactly the way you want them, rather than having to live with the limitations of Quicken's canned reports.
This discussion has been closed.