Blank screen when i open quicken after september update?

Options
after upgrade quicken opened to white screen with files and help up in left corner. Will not let me restore

Best Answer

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Was this for Quicken 2019?  Did it download and install?  If so you may want to download the latest Mondo patch and install it.  Sometimes flaky things happen and the Mondo patch usually fixes it.

Answers

• Snowman
    Snowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Was this for Quicken 2019?  Did it download and install?  If so you may want to download the latest Mondo patch and install it.  Sometimes flaky things happen and the Mondo patch usually fixes it.
  • fbell001
    Options
    same issue. Why do they do these updates without testing them out.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @fbell001 ,

The problem is Users, do indeed test them, but Users can't test them like some use Quicken. Lots of Users, don't bother to run Utilities to check and repair the operating system. Other Users leave it to others to report problems. Many Users don't give enough information, like you just did.

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

You haven't mentioned the Quicken program you are running. The operating system you are running Quicken in. If Windows 10, aren't reporting the Build information, like for me, Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 18970.1005, as an example.

Mondo Patches were developed for the lazy User.

Many Users install Quicken over Quicken. Sometimes, you need to bite the bullet and do a Clean reinstall of Quicken:   https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

If Quicken doesn't work for you, like crashing, are you going to rely on their routine to reinstall or come up with a routine that works every time for you. I came up with a routine that also includes doing maintenance on the Hard Drive / operating system at the same time.

And sometimes a portion of the Internet goes down that you can't connect to the Internet, even though the Router's light indicates the Internet is go and running / working.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• rclark
    rclark Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi @thecreator,

I've had the same issue and been working on it sporadically for months. Thank you for the detailed instructions and links. I've followed them all to the letter and at the end it's still doing the same thing. When I open Quicken, it flashes the dashboard then flashes a log in screen then goes white with just the File Help in the upper left.

I have Windows 8 and Quicken subscription I'm current with version R21.17.

I've been current all along and have spent hours with Quicken support trying lots of things.

I am desperate to get this fixed because I need access to my 2018 data to prep my tax return. Any suggestions or advice?
This discussion has been closed.