Reports renamed after upgrade

Options
After upgrading to a new version of Quicken Starter (Mac, subscription) 5.12.3, some of my saved Category Summary Reports under the Reports menu now have long error names. When selected the report opens and the title in the report itself is exactly how I originally named it. When the report is closed the long error name is still displayed. I do not connect to any banks or download any info into Quicken. I do not schedule payments.

Typical Category Summary Report options chosen
Date Range: Custom Dates (1/1/2018-12/31/2018
Accounts: All Accounts
Categories: All categories
Tags: All Tags

Here are some of the report names under the Reports Menu: "A payment with the specified server ID does not exist or no longer exists", "The server cannot accept requests for an action that far in the future", "The specified amount is not valid for this action; for example the user specified a negative payment amount".

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I have no idea what is causing the behavior you describe; I haven't heard of this before. But I do have a couple suggestions for you to try:

First, have you tried to simply rename the report? If you rename the error name to something different, does it stick?

Second, and perhaps more importantly, I'd suggest re-creating your reports using the new reports engine. "Category Summary" is one of the old reports that has been with Quicken Mac since its 2010-era predecessor, and there are a number of problems people have reported with Category Summary. The developers have been working for the past two years to create and all-new reports engine that is more flexible and more reliable. On the Reports menu, use Create Transaction Report (or Create Summary Report), select Rows=Category, click Customize, set dates to Last Year, and generate the report. This will be a modern version of your previous Category Summary report. You can show or hide any columns, rearrange column order, adjust column width, and force a report to be one-page wide. Save your new reports with the name you want, and delete your old reports -- you'll be much happier with the results!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UntitledUser
    Options
    > @jacobs said:
    > I have no idea what is causing the behavior you describe; I haven't heard of this before. But I do have a couple suggestions for you to try:
    >
    > First, have you tried to simply rename the report? If you rename the error name to something different, does it stick?
    >
    > Second, and perhaps more importantly, I'd suggest re-creating your reports using the new reports engine. "Category Summary" is one of the old reports that has been with Quicken Mac since its 2010-era predecessor, and there are a number of problems people have reported with Category Summary. The developers have been working for the past two years to create and all-new reports engine that is more flexible and more reliable. On the Reports menu, use Create Transaction Report (or Create Summary Report), select Rows=Category, click Customize, set dates to Last Year, and generate the report. This will be a modern version of your previous Category Summary report. You can show or hide any columns, rearrange column order, adjust column width, and force a report to be one-page wide. Save your new reports with the name you want, and delete your old reports -- you'll be much happier with the results!

I tried the new report as you suggested. Much nicer and more flexibility. I am not going to try to figure out what the problem was, I'll just create reports the new way! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.