Lifetime planner problem

I recently had to start a new Quicken file as my old one had become corrupted. I started as of 1/1/19. In trying to set up my lifetime planner again, I didn't realize that my Home (asset) and Mortgage accounts were not linked and neither were my Auto (asset) and auto loan. So the assets show up in the Lifetime Planner but the loans did not. I went back and linked them in the Quicken accounts section, but the loans still do not show up in the Lifetime Planner. I do not want to add separate loan accounts as this will cause duplication in the main Quicken program. Any ideas out there? TIA

Comments

• Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Hi,  

Since you have the asset defined in LTP, the associated loan may be "excluded" from the plan. Check to see if this relationship is defined in LTP - See image

In LTP, under Current homes & assets>Edit, select the asset then tap on the "loans" button and 1. verify the loan you previously linked to the asset shows up in the "loan accounts" table and 2.  check to see if that loan has a check in the "exclude from plan" box.  If it does, then uncheck the box and that will include that asset loan in LTP.

Did this help?

• M Spence
    M Spence Member ✭✭
    Thanks for trying. The problem was that the associated loan didn't show up, so excluding it wasn't what I was trying to do. I have had to create "dummy" loans for Lifetime Planner purposes, but they won't update automatically as payments are made.

My biggest complaint is that I can't find any way to delete info that has been entered. I'd like to clear out the Lifetime Planner data completely and start over from scratch but can't find any way to do that.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    M Spence said:
    My biggest complaint is that I can't find any way to delete info that has been entered. I'd like to clear out the Lifetime Planner data completely and start over from scratch but can't find any way to do that.
    No, unfortunately there is no "reset" of LTP data.  Here is a link to a consolidated LTP idea and bug list.  Your "want" has been raised by others previously.   Have a look, perhaps, there are other things you might find useful in this thread.  If so, dont forget to vote to let Quicken know you want LTP further improved.  

This discussion has been closed.