Expensed Items

Options
Hello, I have latest quicken. I have many items EXPENSED and marked with the E in each account.

When I go to run the invoice to bill for all of these expensed items, many are not showing in the list? Why would this be?

I just entered 1 today for over $3000 with the E, but even this is not showing when I run the Invoice and list expenses to add to invoice?

thanks
Eric

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You need to go to your Invoices account, and add those "E" items to invoices.  That's what the "E" does ... is make those transactions eligible to go onto invoices.
    It DOESN"T cause them to appear on the invoice by themselves ... because Q would have no idea as to WHICH invoice to apply them to.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

> "many" expensed items ...
    About how many total transactions do you have in your account registers marked "E"?
    In what account types are these expensed transactions? Cash, Checking and Credit Card transactions only? Or other account types like liabilities, investment?

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.