can Web-based info be downloaded?

Options
:# my iMac died, I reloaded Quicken file from my order history to MacBook but have discovered that on my iMac back-up there is NO document backup of my Quicken 2018/2019 file. By accident I discovered the mobile app, found my info but a lot of the detailsI depend on from the "PC version" are not part of the web-based version. I there anyway to convert this information. Support didn't realize that my information could have even been saved there, "bless their hearts".
Come on community gurus help me out!!!!!
Tagged:

Best Answer

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You will not be able to resurrect any data from your cloud data. This is a subset of synced data to your Mac data file. No utility exists to perform this function.
    Quicken generates system backups that will on all probability get hosed if you loose the hard drive. That is why it is essential to backup to any external target of your choosing. Are you saying you performed no backups?

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You will not be able to resurrect any data from your cloud data. This is a subset of synced data to your Mac data file. No utility exists to perform this function.
    Quicken generates system backups that will on all probability get hosed if you loose the hard drive. That is why it is essential to backup to any external target of your choosing. Are you saying you performed no backups?
  • DeeFuji
    DeeFuji Member
    Options
    Well from what I have uncovered that when I renewed my subscription after Q-Essentials the backup info never "carried-over" to a separate file in my documents file and I am savy enough that if a request for a back-up path would've been asked for I know how to make. Silly me I "assumed" it was being made by Quicken every time my Time Capsule back-up my files/hardrive. The only backed-up files I can find/access through Time Capsule, attached to Mac Book belong to Q-Essentials (way old). I guess I've been lucky. Thank you.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You may not be totally dead in the water yet.
    Typically, Q Mac data files are located on your hard drive here:
    If you have Time Capsule (or should that be Time Machine?) backups, look for the folders there. Maybe you're lucky ...

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @UKR "Time Capsule" was Apple's old hardware device that was a combination Airport (wireless router) and hard drive for backup. "Time Machine" is the software that does automatic incremental backups -- either to a Time Machine or any other attached hard drive.

@DeeFuji What @URK wrote above is otherwise exactly right: if you can access your Time Machine backups from your new Mac, then you should be able to access your Quicken data file and the backups Quicken generated. In the Finder, hold down the Option key and select Library from the Go menu. Then open the Application Support folder, and the Quicken folder inside that. Now enter your Time Machine, go back to the latest date of your former Mac, and you should see your Quicken data file inside the Documents folder, and the backups inside the Backups folder. Pay close attention to the dates of the files, so you select the most recent one possible to restore and open.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.