Premier 2017 R19.7 Update

Newest update has essentially rendered the program useless due to total instability. Essentially any action taken within UI either freezes or crashes the program (online updates, switching between accounts, etc...most common thing noticed is freezing when moving between accounts - "loading quicken data" progress bar freeze.

I have validated the data file (no issues). I have tried to use a copy and validated that as well (no issues). i have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. i attempted a chat with Quicken - no help.

Appreciate any feedback/thoughts on how to get up and running again. I am out of ideas. Program was working fine prior to this update.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello kaywdee,

Sorry to hear that support was unable to resolve this issue.

I would try to turn off the Cloud sync from your One Step Update, simply uncheck the box next to Sync to Quicken Cloud in the One Step Update Settings screen.

See if there is any improvement after completing this step.

If the trouble persists, can you tell us where the file is stored?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? What is the path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • kaywdee
    kaywdee Member
    Quicken Tyka - sync to cloud is not an option in my dialog box at this time (I never set this back up after reinstalling the program after the uninstall)

Greg_the_Greek - file is located in Quicken subfolder in Documents (which is where it has always been)

I have not changed any settings or file locations prior to this problem starting. The only variable is the update from Quicken.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Again, do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender?

Are you using OneDrive?
  • kaywdee
    kaywdee Member
    Controlled Folder Access is/has been disabled in Windows Defender.

Sorry, misunderstood on One Drive. I am using One Drive. For clarification, none of my Quicken files are stored/accessed via One Drive.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    What version/build of Windows are you using? Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode with Networking and running Quicken?
  • kaywdee
    kaywdee Member
    Windows 10 Home Version 1903

I have not tried booting in Safe Mode. I will try that an report back.
  • kaywdee
    kaywdee Member
    Safe Mode did not help.

Spent hour on phone with Quicken Support (well, about 25 minutes of actually talking and 35 minutes of holding). Thought some possible headway but then, of course, we were disconnected.

Reinstalled Mondo Patch, restored a previous backup. Showed some signs of stability but then just crashed again.

At a total loss at this point...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Have you tried running chkdsk to check for hard drive errors? I have the same version of Windows and Quicken as you and I have no crashes. 
  • kaywdee
    kaywdee Member
    Spent nearly two hours on the phone with Quicken. Got things up and running again although it was mainly through backup manipulation. In my gut, I am not confident that the problem was truly solved in terms of total stability. Every time I click and there's a slight lag, etc...I get the feeling it may crash again. Not a good feeling...

Appreciate all of the help in trying to troubleshoot this issue.
This discussion has been closed.