What would cause "My Investment Account Balances to be Off by say $33" when I perform a Update?

When I perform a One Step Update on All of my Accounts, my Banking Accounts are Right On with the Balances compared to what's Online. The Problem that I am having is that My Investing Account Balances are Not Correct Compared to what's Online... My Brokerage Account, IRA Accounts, Etc. are Off by $20 to $33 Compared to what's Online for those Accounts. What would Cause this Problem?

Thanks,
Don Acosta
Tagged:

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    For each security, have you compared the # of units of each security with what the brokerage shows?
    For each security, have you compared the value of each unit? ($/share).
    For each security, have you double-checked the ticker symbol of each security?
    What time of day are you downloading quotes for each security?  Mutual fund quotes, in particular, are usually not updated until after 5pm Central, or later.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Don_Acosta
    Don_Acosta Member ✭✭
    Yes, I have compared the # of Units for each Security, and the Value/per/Share.
    All of that looks okay.
    As far as downloading the Quotes for the Various Securities; I did the Update yesterday morning before the Market opened; so, the Mutual Fund Quotes were Correct.
    The only Strange Thing that might be Causing the Problem is that I had a few Securities that Paid Out Some Dividends on Monday October the 30th which were Reinvested into Additional Mutual Fund Shares.
    Do you thing that could Cause the Problem with the "Balances Being Off"?
    I am possibly thinking that the Dividends were Maybe still in a "Pending State", and "Not yet Cleared"?
    Not sure though; just a thought...

Thanks,
    Don Acosta
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did you record (did you record) those Div Reinvest in Q?  Because that could most certainly explain the issue.
    BUT a Div Reinvest would also increase your Units of the security being held. SO, double check that you've got the # of fund shares correct.
    Do you download from those fund companies?  Did the Div Reinvest transactions download?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Don_Acosta
    Don_Acosta Member ✭✭
    Yes, I double-checked to make sure the # of Fund Shares are correct, and they are.
    I do Download from the Brokerage Firm which in this case in Merrill Lynch.
    The Dividend Re-investments did download, but they are still in a "Pending State" on Merrill Lynch's Website.
    Do you think that this could Cause the Problem being that they have "Not Cleared as of Yet"?
    Thanks for your Help!

Thanks,
    Don Acosta
This discussion has been closed.