Changing Stock Quote price

Options
Q2019 Why can't I change the quote price on the Portfolio page? It does not agree with my statement even though I have the correct date selected. This was NOT a problem with Q2007 Mac. I have several investments that are not listen on any exchange as they are unitized. That means they are for the specific 401k my company has and are not listed. I will need to enter the quotes manually but cannot figure out how to do it.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    "Why" is a question only the developers can answer. Probably: they just didn't write the code that way initially when they were building the modern Quicken Mac. They were not strictly copying features from Quicken 2007.

Now, what to do…

You can enter security prices manually, just not easily from the Portfolio page. You need to go to Window > Securities, double click the Security you want, click on the Price History tab, and enter a new date and price -- you only need to fill in the Closing Price; you can ignore the other columns -- and click Add on the right, followed by Done. Lots of clicks, unfortunately, but it gets the job done.

In addition, there is an Idea request on this forum to implement a way to enter prices directly on the Portfolio page, as was possible in Quicken 2007. Go to this Idea and cast your vote in favor of it (in the blue box under the first post, click the little gray triangle under the vote counter, and wait to see the count go up by one). At the time I'm writing this, this idea has 106 votes (95 "legacy" from the former community forum plus 11 on this forum); more votes could help push this up the developers' priority list. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    "Why" is a question only the developers can answer. Probably: they just didn't write the code that way initially when they were building the modern Quicken Mac. They were not strictly copying features from Quicken 2007.

Now, what to do…

You can enter security prices manually, just not easily from the Portfolio page. You need to go to Window > Securities, double click the Security you want, click on the Price History tab, and enter a new date and price -- you only need to fill in the Closing Price; you can ignore the other columns -- and click Add on the right, followed by Done. Lots of clicks, unfortunately, but it gets the job done.

In addition, there is an Idea request on this forum to implement a way to enter prices directly on the Portfolio page, as was possible in Quicken 2007. Go to this Idea and cast your vote in favor of it (in the blue box under the first post, click the little gray triangle under the vote counter, and wait to see the count go up by one). At the time I'm writing this, this idea has 106 votes (95 "legacy" from the former community forum plus 11 on this forum); more votes could help push this up the developers' priority list. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Leslie Jones
    Leslie Jones Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. I just tried hat. You are correct. So many clicks to do what took one on Q2007. I will do as you suggest and look for the idea and add my approval. You should be able to do that right from the portfolio page. So much easier. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.