Account Balance Over Time Report

Tom Auer
Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
This might initially seem a bit counterintuitive, as I understand perfectly well that the account register shows how the account balance changes with each transaction. It would be useful to have a longer-term view, for one or a set of accounts, showing balance say, at the beginning of each month, over the course of a year or other arbitrary period of time. I have exported to Excel to do this to see my progress in paying down credit cards. It would also be useful to see trends in a set of investment accounts over time, without being obscured by market fluctuations.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    Not even! I had no idea that report existed. Thank you!
  • Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    So, a follow up: where are the range of available reports documented?
  • Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    And, a cool thing about that report: I can turn it on its head to track the total of my credit card balances, to track how close I am coming to my goal of having my credit cards paid off every month.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Tom Auer There is no detailed source of information. You should visit the internal Help > Reporting > Learning about Reports. Beyond that, explore a bit by trying different reports with different options to see what you get. And come back here and ask "how to" questions you can't figure out on your own. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Tom Auer
    Tom Auer Member ✭✭✭
    @Jacobs, thank you for your thoughtful replies. I would respectfully suggest that my line of questioning might be considered as suggestions for improving the online help. (And, yes, I'm old enough to remember when the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications stated that should be written as online Help.)
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Tom, I understand, but since this is a user support forum, comments here won't reach the people responsible for the online help.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.