Reports are all messed up (Quicken Mac 2007)

circuskirk
circuskirk Member
edited October 2019 in Reports (Mac)
I've been using Quicken 2007 forever. I'm running it on High Sierra at present. I'm preparing my taxes and the reports are messed up. It is not deleting transfers and deposits are entered 4x. I wish I made this much money last year... but did not. I have reinstalled Q2007 but it does the same thing. My entries are okay- no corruption. But when the reports are generated multiple entries are flying everywhere. Any ideas for a fix. I'm about to have to use pencil and paper if this continues or drop quicken altogether.

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It sounds like it may be corruption in the data file which, fortunately, can be easily fixed by reindexing your file. Press Command-Option-B to reindex, then try your report again.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • You are a GOD! Works perfectly now. Has saved me a lot of time. You are definitely on my Christmas list. Much thanks.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Yay! The database in Quicken 2007 definitely has some quirks and problems, but fortunately if you notice things like transactions out of order, reindexing generally puts things right. (It can be worse; I have a chunk of transactions from two decades ago where Quicken actually changed the dates and they're permanently out of order in my data. But most of the time, reindexing is the magic elixir.) Quicken 2007's core database is now more than 30 years old, and it's a minor miracle that it's continued to work through all the changes in computer technology; we're very clearly on borrowed time using this discontinued, unsupported old version of Quicken.

Anyone still using Quicken 2007 should know that there's limited time left before needing to move to the modern Quicken. Downloading transactions is about to be cut off any day now, but it will still work okay for manual data entry, indefinitely, as long as you don't upgrade the the new macOS Catalina. Since we all eventually need to replace our Macs, and new Macs will not run older operating systems, the writing is on the wall.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.