insert transaction function disappeared on register list

insert transaction function disappeared on register list

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of insert would you want to do ... that isn't covered by simply sorting the account by date?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• granbury
    granbury Member
    When I have an account register open I used to be able to right click on any line and insert a blank line. When I right click now the insert transaction is in light grey and if clicked on does nothing. when I open another account it still works.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you per chance right-clicking on the blue New Transaction line?
    That's the only place I can find where many functions of the right-click popup menu are disabled (grayed out).
    IMHO, the best place to insert new transactions, regardless of register sort order is the blue New Transaction line at the bottom of the register.
    You also may not be able to insert a new transaction if Quicken thinks you already have an active new transaction in progress that hasn't been saved yet.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I'm seeing this too. It appears to be a bug because the menu item "Insert transaction (Ctrl+I)" is disabled, but Ctrl+I does work to insert a new empty transaction. If the function works, the menu item should be enabled.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited October 2019
    To the SUs participating in this thread: can you reproduce this? It seems account-dependent. I have 2 new accounts created this year, and Insert Transaction is properly enabled in those. Most of my accounts are many years old, and Insert Transaction is disabled in those accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    CTRL-I worked as expected (inserted a blank transaction line) in the following account types:
    • Linked Cash account (part of my brokerage, and my primary checking account)
    • Regular checking account
    • Credit card account
    • Savings type account
    • House type account
    • Loan (mortgage) type account
    Did NOT work on investment type accounts.
    My "House" account goes back to 1993, when I bought it ... so I don't understand your final sentence.
    Running QW Subscription Build 27.1.22.12
    [EDIT] Just went back and reviewed all of above transactions for availability of menu item "Insert Transaction".  Was GRAYED out in Linked Cash account, but available for use in all other account types except, again, brokerage. [/EDIT]

• Rocket J Squirrel
    edited October 2019
    Right, CTRL-I always works.
    The only correlation I could find in my own accounts was that right-click menu item "Insert Transaction" only works in my 3 newest Banking accounts. It is disabled in my 16 older accounts. And when I say "older" I mean those created in the 20th century.
    I hadn't looked at Property & Debt accounts until just now. My House account, created 2012, has the menu item disabled. My Car account, created 2013, has the menu item enabled. Odd.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "Personal Assets" account (cars, art, etc) goes back to 1990 and DOES have the EDIT, Transaction, Insert Transaction menu item available.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Thanks for checking that out. So much for my theory that account age correlates with the disabled menu item.

This discussion has been closed.