The wrong pricing data is downloading for Vanguard Real Estate ETF (VNQ). How to fix?

As of today 10/11/19 the wrong current and historical pricing data is being downloaded for Vanguard Real Estate ETF (VNQ). Is there a way to fix this?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried it and it was very slow to add the security. It failed a couple of times but once it had been added to my watch list the current and historical prices appeared to be correct.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Hi Jim-

Thanks for your reply.

However, when I update historical prices all prices from earlier than one month ago are wrong- jumping from the low $90s to upwards of $213 and beyond. This is resulting in inaccurate performance data. When I try to delete some of the erroneous entries they repopulate upon redownloading historical price data. You are right- today’s quote is the correct one- those earlier than 9/11/19 are wrong.

Any other thoughts on how to fix?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another possibility is that you have two securities in Quicken both with the VNQ ticker but one of them is something with a different price.

For dates earlier than 30 days ago, the historical price download provides week or month end prices which might be getting mixed in with your other security.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • I had to delete and rebuild, which fixed the erroneous VNQ data. Thanks for your help Jim!
This discussion has been closed.