Include Notes column in report

Options
I am creating a year end transaction report and I need to include the "Notes" column. I cannot find an option in the customization to include that column. How do I do it?

Best Answer

Answers

• pdalton
    pdalton Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am using Quicken Deluxe for Windows 2019.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, but there's no such option in any current Q report.
    Can you move the info that's currently in NOTES to the MEMO field?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• pdalton
    pdalton Member ✭✭
    Options
    I suppose it might be possible to do that, but for downloaded Bank transactions, that Memo field automatically gets populated with bank information I don't want to disturb. So it would be far easier and feel safer to use and be able to see the existing Notes column in a report.

What I'm trying to do is create a Banking Transaction report that I can generate at year end to help me confirm that transactions were correctly categorized for tax purposes.

Here's an example of the problem - I place a LOT of orders through Amazon, most of which are NOT tax-deductible, but some are. So when those charges come in, I try to catch and correctly categorize each. But, at year end, I need ways to easily confirm that a transaction marked as tax deductible actually IS deductible, as well as to be able to catch transactions that included tax deductible items, but that I hadn't marked as such. So I use the Notes field to add identifying info to remind me of what was purchased in that transaction.

The Amazon transaction's "Memo" field already will be populated with information (e.g., "PURCHASE 06/09 AMZN.COM/BILL WA CARD 2447") that I don't want to lose because it tells me both the actual purchase date and the last 4 digits of the card I used. So I use the Notes field to insert specific information I want to remember about a transaction (e.g., "office UPS battery purchase").

Being able to see on a year-end report a note identifying "what" was purchased would provide a sufficient reminder for me to quickly confirm the correctness of the assigned category/tax designations without my having to go back and look at the invoice supporting each transaction individually, as well as help identify transactions that didn't get correctly categorized after being downloaded.

I am using Q Deluxe for Windows Version R18.15, Build 27.1.18.15

Thanks,
    Paul
This discussion has been closed.