Any known issues with Saving Goals? How can online balance be less than current balance?

Options
Just going along thinking everything is okay and I noticed this while I'm preparing to change banks.

New to the Community, please excuse if my post is lacking. Please see the attached jpg.

Best Answer

• Jam Man
    Jam Man Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock. In the original screen shot you could see that the register was reconciled and the last download was 10/12. You would have to assume the account was reconciled on the last down load, which it was. Anyway, here's what I found after poking around a bit. I had hidden a savings goal account, a few years ago, that I was using to funnel ccard xactions into so I could pay the balance when it was due. Well, that proved to be hard for me to keep up with and I hid it with a negative balance. Poking around, I found 'All Accounts' noticed it and then deleted it. And now the online balance and current balance are equal. And I realize the illusion it created.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Options
    The Online Balance is the last balance Quicken obtained from the financial institution.  The Current Balance is the balance in the register as of today's date. There are many reasons the Online Balance may be more or less than the Current Balance.   For example, there may be transactions in the register that were not posted at the financial institution when the Online Balance was obtained.

Note: We may choose whether we want to include savings goal transactions in the register: open the register and press Ctrl + Shift + N 
  • Jam Man
    Jam Man Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks Sherlock. In the original screen shot you could see that the register was reconciled and the last download was 10/12. You would have to assume the account was reconciled on the last down load, which it was. Anyway, here's what I found after poking around a bit. I had hidden a savings goal account, a few years ago, that I was using to funnel ccard xactions into so I could pay the balance when it was due. Well, that proved to be hard for me to keep up with and I hid it with a negative balance. Poking around, I found 'All Accounts' noticed it and then deleted it. And now the online balance and current balance are equal. And I realize the illusion it created.
This discussion has been closed.