New Biller / Linked reminder issue

Bob.
Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
@Quicken_Sarah hoping you can pop by.

You might recall I lost all my billers and had to start over. Everything was working perfectly until the last one - Citi Bank.

I had a bill scheduled and it properly debited my checking and credited my Citi Card. When the payment posted - properly to the credit card but- it did not match the checking transaction not could I manual match it. My only option was to delete the older entry for the same amount.

Now under billers, instead of showing paid and date it says awaiting next bill and not functioning as all the other accounts. I unlinked and deleted and tried to reenter and of course, Biller Already Added. Shouldn't be. Everything was set properly, worked for all others and the first indication of a problem was not matching the debit. So concerned if this will not match the checking account (and category set correctly, etc) and I can only think for me to delete it, have you remove from the server and then try it again next month.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, too odd. I decided to skip the payment it was showing that I had already made. Then linked to the December reminder. It all corrected then to show November as paid and all linked. Very strange behavior but seems to have sorted itself in some odd way.

~Bob

Answers

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    So, in fact several issues:

1.When payment posts to the checking it does not auto-match the sent payment not will it allow manual matching. Creates 2 debits

2. After scheduling a bill from enter on Billers with this one account, it does not show as paid in the Billers window but rather waiting for the next bill. All else work as expected.
    3. CTL-SHIFT manage billers show in local file, but if I unlink, delete and try to add it says Biller Already added.

About the best detail I can provide. Different than previous issues.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Bob

Thanks for reaching out, although I'm sorry to hear that Citi gave you an error.

I took a look and Citi is reporting an "outage" yesterday in your internal biller profile which probably was the originating cause of this issue.

I went ahead and removed Citi from your profile, since it's already been removed in the data file and you are receiving the Biller already added error.

I also checked the "health" of Citi and the outage appears to be resolved, please try to add the Citi biller once again and let me know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Sarah
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sarah,

Thanks once again. Sorry I have to keep asking for your help.

I had not removed Citi yet as I tried and had the issue and then restored from backup. I shall now unlink, remove, re-add.

Unlinked
    Removed
    Added

Now it shows a bill due in Billers that I have already scheduled and sent instructions to pay. I also cannot link it as the reminder shows it was paid as well.

What can I do to get this all straight and hopefully no duplicate payment and have Citi in billers show as paid rather than waiting for next bill or worse, sitting there with a note to pay a bill already paid.? Make any sense?

~Bob
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    OK, too odd. I decided to skip the payment it was showing that I had already made. Then linked to the December reminder. It all corrected then to show November as paid and all linked. Very strange behavior but seems to have sorted itself in some odd way.

~Bob
This discussion has been closed.