Trouble reconciling a credit card account

I think this is a problem others have cited. I've been using Quicken since 2007, so this is not a newbie issue.

I have been reconciling my statement all manually, no downloading, for 12 years. It started getting glitchy some time recently; I would show an error that I couldn't find, but I would just accept the Adjustment so I could get on with my day.

Today, Reconciling my credit card statement, it showed a correct amount at the bottom of the Charges, Debits column, the same amount on my statement. But to the right, the summary Cleared Balance was $500 less, and it gave a Difference of $500.

I tried Canceling and doing it all over again; tried adding all the figures on a calculator to check; then tried just clicking Done and accepting the necessary Adjustment. However when I do that, it wants to make an Adjustment not of $500 but of exactly the amount of refunds this month--an amount I have already cleared. It's so random. It's like there's a bug loose in there.

Reconciling my accounts used to go so smoothly! But in recent months there are always glitches like this. What's up? Is there any cure?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• BTW I am using Quicken 2017 Deluxe on a PC running Windows 10.
  • Thank you! I'll give it a try.
This discussion has been closed.