Categories

I am a long time Quicken user. (1993) My computer crashed and I had to reinstall Quicken and Restore from my thumb drive. Now when I put in a transaction and select a Category which I have used many times, it will not allow me to use it and wants me to make a new Category and when I do, it still will not accept it. What is checked or not checked that won't allow me to proceed? Or what else do I need to do?

Best Answers

Answers

• duckallen
    duckallen Member ✭✭
    After I downloaded from Quicken.com, I then restored directly into the Quicken program. Not sure this answered your question, but best I know how to explain. Thanks!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a nutshell ... Windows, for many versions, won't allow you to have data files within the Program Files folder structure. That's why the Users folder structure exists. Your Quicken data files are best kept in your \Documents folder, e.g.
    C:\Users\your_username_here\Documents\Quicken
    Storing data files in Program Files folders and/or trying to access them should have given you Windows warning or error messages.
  • duckallen
    duckallen Member ✭✭
    I was able to solve my problem with the help of my son sitting here beside me!!
    Thank you for your advice and have copy/paste your response into my info file for future use.
This discussion has been closed.