My Fidelity NetBenefits Account has one security that won't update.

Options
My Fidelity NetBenefits Account added two investment choices at the end of 2017 - one updates and the other doesn't. Both choices are not mutual funds and are described as Pools - Fidelity® Growth Company Commingled Pool (updates and is matched with an online security, CUSIP # 3716) and Baron Mid-Cap Growth Strategy (doesn't update and isn't matched with an on-line security, CUSIP # None.). Requires me to update price daily. How can I get the Baron Pool to update?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• txpipeliner
    txpipeliner Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes!!!! I think this did it!!! I updated using "Compare to Portfolio" and the TF1Y identifier appeared as the CUSIP in the designated security, Baron Mid Cap Growth Pool as desired. I deleted the 10/18/19 date and price from the updated price list for this security in Quicken, ran One Step Update and the 10/18/19 price was updated!!! Finally, SUCCESS!!! Thanks so much!!! I've been updating manually for almost two years, NO MORE!!!

Answers

• txpipeliner
    txpipeliner Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the guidance; did find and reviewed the OFX Log. The securities in NetBenefits have Unique ID's that are stored in Quicken as Cusips (Fidelty Funds seem to be the Fund number as a 4 digit number. Non-Fidelty funds are 4 digit combinations of letters and numbers and some are all letters). Baron Mid-Cap Growth Strategy (Still doesn't update and isn't matched with an on-line security. CUSIP # or NetBenefits Unique ID is TF1Y). Can't figure how to get Quicken to match with the on-line Security. This is probably the only way to get the Security in Quicken to update the "Cusip #" or Unique ID in Quicken Security List. I believe normal Cusips are a long string of numbers/letters - more than four digits.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the guidance; did find and reviewed the OFX Log. The securities in NetBenefits have Unique ID's that are stored in Quicken as Cusips (Fidelty Funds seem to be the Fund number as a 4 digit number. Non-Fidelty funds are 4 digit combinations of letters and numbers and some are all letters). Baron Mid-Cap Growth Strategy (Still doesn't update and isn't matched with an on-line security. CUSIP # or NetBenefits Unique ID is TF1Y). Can't figure how to get Quicken to match with the on-line Security. This is probably the only way to get the Security in Quicken to update the "Cusip #" or Unique ID in Quicken Security List. I believe normal Cusips are a long string of numbers/letters - more than four digits.

The CUSIP in the OFX Log provided by the financial institution is not necessarily the CUSIP number.  The CUSIP in the OFX Log is an identifier used by the financial to uniquely identify a specific security held in an account.  Quicken uses the CUSIP to match the holding's balance, transactions, and price quote in the OFX Log to a specific security in Quicken's Security List

Again, I suggest you review the CUSIP ID assigned to the securities in Quicken.  I suspect you'll find one has been assigned TF1Y.  If so, I suggest you edit the security and uncheck Matched with online security.  When Quicken subsequently processes the unmatched TF1Y, you should be offered the option identify the Baron Mid-Cap Growth Strategy  security.

In the Windows 2019, the CUSIP ID appears in a column on the Security List.  Otherwise, the CUSIP ID assigned to a security may also be viewed by selecting Other Info on the Edit Security Details window.
  • txpipeliner
    txpipeliner Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, incremental progress! You were right, I did find a previous Baron security, the first one offered by NetBenefits, BARAX. I was able to uncheck “Matched…” and delete the TF1Y identifier. BARAX was receiving daily updated quotes for the Baron Mid-Cap Growth Strategy Pool fund . Subsequent offering by NetBenefits was BARIX (different identifier #), replacing BARAX. I unchecked “Matched…” and deleted it’s identifier. So, nothing is now matched to TF1Y. However, when I update, I do not get the option to identify the Baron Mid-Cap Growth Strategy Pool fund. Note that Baron Mid-Cap Growth Strategy Pool fund is not a formal mutual fund, no CUSIP # (9 digit); it is a private offering specific to my NetBenefits account. The Pool fund does not generate any distributions, so the only transaction for the Pool Fund is the initial Buy transaction. Thoughts??? And appreciate all the help!!
  • txpipeliner
    txpipeliner Member ✭✭
    Options
    Also, the Pool fund does not have a Ticker or Symbol associated with it.
  • txpipeliner
    txpipeliner Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Yes!!!! I think this did it!!! I updated using "Compare to Portfolio" and the TF1Y identifier appeared as the CUSIP in the designated security, Baron Mid Cap Growth Pool as desired. I deleted the 10/18/19 date and price from the updated price list for this security in Quicken, ran One Step Update and the 10/18/19 price was updated!!! Finally, SUCCESS!!! Thanks so much!!! I've been updating manually for almost two years, NO MORE!!!
This discussion has been closed.