My mortgage account in Quicken says that I have transactions to review, but I don't see them?

I enclosed a snipit of my Quicken window

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are recent change made in Quicken 2019 may give you this flag but won't let you see the register because online-connected mortgage accounts don't have a register to show.

For whatever it's worth ... I would not bother attempting to activate any loan or mortgage account for downloading.  (Not discussing LOC or HELOC accounts here)

An online-connected loan or mortgage account does NOT have a transaction register. All data shown in the account come from whatever information the bank downloads to you ... if this process works at all.

As a result of being connected, the scheduled payment transaction reminder cannot transfer the amount of principal paid into the (non existent) account register and must use a category, usually something like Loan:Principal, instead.

Effective with Quicken Windows 2018+  you can deactivate an online-connected loan account and regain full control over your transaction register.  However, you should still review the Scheduled Reminder (or Memorized Payee List entry) associated with the monthly loan payments to ensure they now transfer Principal to the loan account register and not a Category.

Users of Quicken 2017 and older:
    If you want to have full control over both the loan account register and the payment transactions you need to set up your loan account as a "manual loan account" and use the Scheduled Reminder created by the setup process to record your payment transaction on or before the due date.

If you have already established a connected loan account and are having problems with it please take a look at this:

How to convert back to a manual loan

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7164936/faq-how-do-i-convert-a-loan-account-that-automatically-downloads-transactions-to-a-manual-entry-sc

This discussion has been closed.