Can't delete repeating transaction

I have a repeating transaction that I marked for deletion but it does not delete. If I click "Delete" it returns a message "This Transaction is Marked for deletion Undo?" I have sleected "Undo" and marked it for deletion again, but it will not go away. Quicken for Windows Version 27.1.22.17

Best Answer

Answers

• David Christopher
    David Christopher Member ✭✭✭✭
    If by repeating transactions, you mean a "Reminder" you need to go to Bills and Income tab, choose the Reminder and click the down arrow to left of "Enter" and choose "Delete this and all future instances" and click Yes on the next pop up.

Is that how you are doing it?
  • wfhumphrey
    wfhumphrey Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding David. I can get to it in either of two ways: Tools, then Manage Bill and Income Reminders or Bills, then Manage Bill and Income Reminders.

Either way, I see the transaction as Repeating. If I click Edit, I get the message this transaction is marked for deletion. Undo or Cancel.

But it never gets deleted. I have tried to Cancel and mark for deletion gain, but same results.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried validating your Quicken data file?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • wfhumphrey
    wfhumphrey Member ✭✭
    I had not, but at your suggestion I did - no errors.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/cannot-delete-online-payment-or-payee
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• wfhumphrey
    wfhumphrey Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Problem resolved by Quicken Support chat session.
This discussion has been closed.