Can you copy and paste on Quicken for Mac?

Can you copy and paste on Quicken for Mac?

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2019
    John's answer above was in regard to entire transactions. You can, however, copy and paste field contents. For example, if you want to copy the memo from one transaction to another, you can open the source transaction for edit, select the memo field and copy. Then select the memo field in the destination transaction and paste. You can do the same for pretty much any register field.

Also, in some but not all reports, you can select and copy the report content and paste it into another program.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • randsb
    randsb Member ✭✭
    Thank you Rick. I sure like the old Quicken PC functionality.
    SR
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @randsb I've only ever used Quicken Mac, so I'm just curious about your comment: what functionality regarding copy and paste was there in Quicken Windows that you find lacking in Quicken Mac?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • randsb
    randsb Member ✭✭
    Hi jacobs; to copy on Q Windows, simply click on any transaction to highlight it, right click on mouse, option list appears, click on copy, right click on new empty transaction line, click on paste and transaction is copied. You can do this in the same account or in other accounts. Takes about 6 seconds.
    The Q Windows has tons of functionality compared with Q MAC.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    So in Quicken Mac, you'd click on a transaction, press Command-D to duplicate -- one simple click. And if you want it in another account, just drag the duplicated transaction to the other account in the left sidebar -- one drag. Takes less than 6 seconds. ;)

And yes, I'm aware that in many other areas, Quicken Windows has features we Mac users don't yet have. But in this case, it doesn't sound like the Mac version is inferior.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.