T Rowe Price 401k never updates

Hi there,

I've noticed this year that I can now setup a T Rowe Price 401k account, and it pulls down the most recent total when I create the account - this is good as I don't believe this would even work in previous mac versions.

However, this online account never updates (other ones at different institutions do). But if I delete it, and recreate it, then it will show the "real/current" account total - but it seems silly to do that every time.

Is this a known issue?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello mattm,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you navigate to the "Transactions" portion of the register, do you receive any transactions when the account is first connected? 

Have you ever encountered any error messages with this account?

May I also ask that you include what version you are currently running?

This can be found under Quicken > About Quicken.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mattm
    mattm Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tyka, appreciated.

When I go to Transactions, I see just one transaction of the type "Add Shares."

I have never encountered any errors with this account - it looks like it's doing an update (the spinning arrow appears), but then nothing gets updated. When I go into the "Account Status" window dialogue the account shows up with a green status, and the Last Update date shows "0 new transactions downloaded." If I update again, there are still 0 transactions downloaded and no errors, even though I know the account is out of date/missing new transactions.

Other accounts are updating ok.

Using Quicken Deluxe 2019 Version 5.12.5 (Build 512.29294.100)
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the response and for providing some more details.

May I ask that you create a new file for testing purposes.

To create a new file go to File > New and select "Start From Scratch" and choose "Don't use Quicken Mobile or Web" as this is just a test file.

Try to add the T Rowe Price account and see if you get the same results here in a test.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mattm
    mattm Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

I did that, and it pulls down a single add transaction, but with the latest/current amount.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2019
    Thank you for giving that try, this tells us that the issue isn't coming from the Quicken file itself as the behavior persists in a new file.

Which instance of T. Rowe Price are you using in the bank list?

Have you tried connecting using any other of the instances available?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mattm
    mattm Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

The Retirement Plans type of account is the only one where I can successfully login via Quicken with my username/pass.
This discussion has been closed.