Quicken crashes on startup

Options
I used Quicken yesterday and had no errors. This morning I started the application, and it crashed on launch.

The application displays a white screen with a gray bar at the top, no text on the gray bar such the standard Quicken menu.

The application crashes and I am returned to my Windows 10 desktop. 9 out of 10 times the application simply crashed. One time I got an error message

qw.exe - Application Error
The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application at location 0x0000000077613572.

I click OK and the application closes and I am returned to the WIndows 10 desktop.

I am running an HP laptop, Windows 10 in the United States, Norton360 antivirus and the app crashes whether antivirus is running or stopped.

Before posting I uninstalled Quicken, ran a registry cleaner / repair utility, restarted my machine, reinstalled Quicken, restarted my machine, and then attempted to start Quicken. It still didn't work.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time and help!

kjbgu04

Best Answer

Answers

• KJBGU04
    KJBGU04 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yep, that did it. Turns out my data file was corrupted. Holding down the Ctrl key allowed me to open Quicken. Trying to run the Validate function on the original data file then and still re-crashes Quicken, but I was able to restore a backup and get running again. Thanks so much for your time and help!!
This discussion has been closed.