Why do I get prompted for my Intuit Login

I just installed Quicken 2016 and successfully converted my quicken 2008 file.
Every time I start quicken 2016 I get prompted for my Intuit login. My installation and file are local and I only want to work like I did with quicken 2008. I know my Intuit login and password but it does not get accepted. If I login separately to Intuit the login work. I see a brief flash of the file before the login prompt appears.

Best Answer

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might need to update the program.  If you can't update 2016 directly from the program one of the other user has the old patches here
    http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

and now you need to use a Quicken ID.  Inuit sold Quicken several years ago.  So you might have to set up a Quicken ID.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• marcinro99
    marcinro99 Member ✭✭
    Thanks volvogirl. I have a quicken ID and that doesn't seem to work either - I used it to login here for support.
    Maybe I'll just give support a call at (650) 250-1900.
    Maybe it's because I'm Canadian!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your login for the Quicken Community and quicken.com are not the same. You need to create a login on quicken.com to use Quicken 2016.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • marcinro99
    marcinro99 Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Thanks Greg. I have a login for quicken.com - my email address [Email address removed to protect marchinro99's privacy]
    When I first went to Community for help, I was asked to create an account. I created one with the userid of marcinro and associated the same email address with it.
    When I start Quicken 2016, neither one of the logins work - I keep getting the "An Unknown Error Has Occurred. Please Try again later" error.
  • marcinro99
    marcinro99 Member ✭✭
    Greg_The_Geek - you are my hero for today. Applying the patch has resolved the issue.
    A Gold Star for you buddy. Thanks.
    I will hoist a toast to you tonight.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @marcinro99 ,

Go to : http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatchescanadian.html

Scroll down for the Quicken 2016 Release 7.2 Mondo

Greg_The_Geek furnished a shortcut to One Drive, where you need to log in.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.