What is saved report history?

Divemaster
Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
I see this box checked by default when changing a report, titled Save Report History. What is this a copy of the actual report saved somewhere or a copy of the report parameters saved somewhere? And where do I go to look at the Saved Report History? Can I delete the Saved Report History? I have always run many reports, bit don't really want to save the reports or parameters used to save past reports.

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you review the built-in documentation on the topic: press F1

• Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I see that I have a lot of history as I modify one report to make another with different name. Should a person delete those old reports to keep things cleaner? It doesn't tell you the date report was generated, I would assume the newest is at bottom of history list? However I played around and deleted the first in list and report went completely away. Could play around and delete reports in middle of long list and report stared in my list of available reports. Wasn't a big deal losing reports as I had backup on USB. I just like to keep things clean and get rid of junk.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I see that I have a lot of history as I modify one report to make another with different name. Should a person delete those old reports to keep things cleaner? It doesn't tell you the date report was generated, I would assume the newest is at bottom of history list? However I played around and deleted the first in list and report went completely away. Could play around and delete reports in middle of long list and report stared in my list of available reports. Wasn't a big deal losing reports as I had backup on USB. I just like to keep things clean and get rid of junk.
    It's really up to you.  If you don't find the history to be useful, you may save each report without its history or you may delete entries one at a time.  They really don't consume much space.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, it took awhile but figured that out. All these years I just never looked that close at reports and saved history.
  • Divemaster
    Divemaster Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes Sherlock, that is what I did and cleaned up my reports as I was doing it. Also, cleaned up accounts and categories. All must be well as it passed a super validate.
This discussion has been closed.