Column width on registers often truncates values

I have Quicken 2020 R23.14, build 27.1.23.14

Columns on my account registers, especially the amount columns, are often too narrowly set, where I can't read the values. They appear truncated due to narrow width.
I have an ultra-wide 38" monitor with 3840x1600 resolution.
There is no shortage of space, and there's huge amount of extra space after the last register column, and yet Quicken won't take any advantage of it for value columns. Unimportant text columns like Tag and Memo are a mile wide, yet critical columns like Balance, Payment, Deposit, are only a few pixels wide with only 3 digits visible.
I spend time widening the offending columns, and after checking other accounts or after opening the file again, the amount columns will again be collapsed.

I forget when this began being an issue, Q2019? Q2020?

Is there a way educate Quicken about its role as an accounting software, and to never ever truncate the digits on a value column?
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Dominipater,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I have a few questions.

Are you seeing this behavior in all of your accounts are just some?

What type of accounts are you seeing this in?

Have you tried running the validate and repair utility? If not the steps to do so can be found here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    When you create the report and then manipulate the column widths for viewing, do you SAVE the report?

If you do, Quicken should remember the settings.

If not, when you create the report again, it will revert to the original view.  
This discussion has been closed.