Quotes not updating since 11/12/19

One step update has returned 0 stocks updated since 11/12/19, including indexes. Using 2020 Premier R23.14. All boxes checked for download. Anybody have a reason/fix?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you are using an expired unsupported version of Quicken Windows (2016 or older) and you were lucky enough to be able to download quotes until now, you were on borrowed time. I suspect that the old quotes server has finally been retired.

If you are using a currently supported version of Quicken for Windows, check your Internet settings.
    Something, a VPN you recently began using, or a setting in your firewall may be preventing Quicken from establishing a connection to the quotes server. Check your system log files for messages about blocked access.
    Windows 7 SP 1 users need to verify this:
    In Windows Control Panel select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
    Click Apply, then OK. Close IE. Close and restart Quicken.
    If you don't have TLS 1.2 available on your system, it's time to upgrade either Internet Explorer or Windows.

Answers

• Lee Boszak
    Lee Boszak Member ✭✭
    No, but my Quicken 2012 H&B stopped being able to get Quotes and Historical prices on the 11th or 12th also.
  • I am having the same problem since 11/12/2019. Same issue on multiple computers makes me believe problem can't be anywhere except at Quicken server.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you are using an expired unsupported version of Quicken Windows (2016 or older) and you were lucky enough to be able to download quotes until now, you were on borrowed time. I suspect that the old quotes server has finally been retired.

If you are using a currently supported version of Quicken for Windows, check your Internet settings.
    Something, a VPN you recently began using, or a setting in your firewall may be preventing Quicken from establishing a connection to the quotes server. Check your system log files for messages about blocked access.
    Windows 7 SP 1 users need to verify this:
    In Windows Control Panel select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
    Click Apply, then OK. Close IE. Close and restart Quicken.
    If you don't have TLS 1.2 available on your system, it's time to upgrade either Internet Explorer or Windows.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

They turned off the Quote update for 2013 around Oct. 11, 2019.  Seems like around Nov 12, 2019 they also found an old server or loophole that let Q2012 users still download quotes.  

Even after Quicken 2013 was discontinued (sunsetted) April 30, 2016 we could still download quotes until around Oct. 11, 2019.   Same thing happened in my 2004 version.  I still got quotes for a couple years past the cutoff.  Here's one post,

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7862016/quicken-2013-wont-update-securities

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.