Why has QW 2013 update price history stopped working since Wednesday 11/13/19?

BinNH
BinNH Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in Investing (Windows)
All I get now is that "None of the requested securities are recognized" for all of my securities (Vanguard, Pimco and Dimensional Fund)
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Please provide the year and version of Quicken being used: select Help > About Quicken
  • BinNH
    BinNH Member ✭✭
    Release R 12 (22.1.12.7) Thanks.
  • BinNH
    BinNH Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Very sad if that happened. I haven't upgraded in a while, but it's not because I'm a cheapskate. It's because this version does everything I need and I hate having to learn a new UI and such every year.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BinNH said:
    Thank you. Very sad if that happened. ...
    By all rights, it should have happened for you April 30, 2016 when your version went to the sunsetted / discontinued status.  There was no promise or intent by Quicken that you would receive any such data after that sunset date.  When you bought the program, you did not buy access to that data beyond the sunset date.  That you have been receiving that gift is your blessing.  Many others have not gotten the same gift.  My suggestion -- be thankful rather than sad.  
  • BinNH
    BinNH Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your thoughts, but I am sad because this is like losing an old friend that I'm very comfortable with. And that's always a sad thing.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like they just found an old server or loophole that let Q2012 still download quotes.  Another 2012 user posted today he can't update either.  They did turn off my 2013 quote updates back around Oct 11, 2019.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• BinNH
    BinNH Member ✭✭
    Thanks. My actual software says it is Q Premium 2013. Does anyone know if the current version will read these files, or if not how I can convert them so that the current version can read them?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes just Open your 2013 file in the new version.  No conversion necessary.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• BinNH
    BinNH Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Well, thanks. That worked. I only got a 1 year subscription because I'm not putting up with this current subscription model [removed]. It's just a ripoff. I'll be spending the year researching a replacement for Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.