Account Balances Report has previously closed Investor accounts w/ non-zero balances

Options
When running an Account Balances Report from the Net Worth screen (balances EOY and last YTD), several Investor accounts that I had closed with current $0 balances have non-zero balances. One shows $10 since it was closed. The other in excess of $11,000. I closed this one in July and the balance decreased then by the amount of cash in the account. When I run the same report by month, the balances are correct. There is something about the report being run from the Net Worth screen that messes with the Investor accounts that are zero balances. However, I did add a bogus transaction of $100 in the one and it increased the false balance by that $100.

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That particular report, run from that particular spot, seems to be having problems:
    I'd say "don't use that report."  The Account Balances Report run from the Report drop-down does seem to work fine.
  • tspisak42
    Options
    Thanks for that.
    I had investigated a bit more and noticed that any cash withdrawals from those accounts weren’t being reflected in that report. One of the things that I like about that particular report is that I am able to custom select the accounts to include, specifically, not those of my children that I don’t want reflected in my net worth view. Maybe the account balances report from the pull down menu allows that too (hadn’t investigated it yet)?
    Thanks!!
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Account Balances report available under the Reports drop down and the Account Balances report available under the Net Worth screen work exactly the same in terms of customization and they should provide the exact same information, but they don't because something's wrong in the Net Worth screen version, which really makes no sense.
This discussion has been closed.