'Buy and Hold' showing $0 in investment performance tab

On the Investing Performance tab, there is an option to select "Buy and Hold" in the "Growth of $10,000" chart...this has been working for me pretty reliably, up until a few weeks ago. Now, when I select this option, the Buy and Hold line is stuck at $0 across the entire graph.

Any ideas why this is happening, or how to fix? I have about 7 different investment accounts, and it doesn't matter what combination of accounts or analysis period I select, Buy and Hold is now just always $0.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    To produce the Buy and Hold results, Quicken needs to successfully pull the performance data from a third-party service provider.  At this time, the service appears to be unavailable.  
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Buy and Hold is not working for me either, and below the chart there is a line of text that says "Buy and hold external data unavailable"
    QWin Premier subscription
  • OpaBear
    OpaBear Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue as well and really miss this feature. Any idea when it may be resolved?
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, We identified this issue and are working with our vendor to fix it as we speak. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • OpaBear
    OpaBear Member ✭✭
    This has only partially resolved my own personal issue: There are some 30 "unavailable securities" across my accounts (ETFs) that were previously factored into the Buy&Hold calculations, but now are reported as "unavailable". The Buy&Hold calculations in my case, since the fix, are now about 5 percentage points off.
  • Jay Gourley
    Jay Gourley Member ✭✭✭
    Someone please tell me what the "buy and hold" graph with a settable percentage is? This thread is the closest thing I can find to documentation on it.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Someone please tell me what the "buy and hold" graph with a settable percentage is? This thread is the closest thing I can find to documentation on it.
    If you haven't already, you may want to review the built-in documentation on the subject: press F1

This discussion has been closed.