Issues with Wells Fargo and Customer Service, via voice, hung up on me in mid conversation (edited)

router
router Member ✭✭
Customer Service, via voice, hung up on me in mid conversation. NEVER CALLED BACK.
Was on the phone for two hours. Eventually bumped up to a Supervisor.
Hang up occurred at 5:02 PM CT. NEVER CALLED BACK TODAY.
Concerned with continuing problems with linkages and down loads to multiple accounts at Wells Fargo Bank.
Even had to setup a TEST Quicken account to see fifth attempt at fix. Never worked.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• router
    router Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    TO: Quicken Natalie

The Q Version is R23.14, Build 27.1.23.14.

WF error message says "File download is blocked by policy" when using FireFox.

However, I was able to download successfully from WF when using MS Edge Browser. Why one browser failed and another worked is unknown.

An American based, English speaking Quicken Tech Rep called me back this morning and we spent two hours that solved most of my Quicken problems.

Wonderful guy. Gave him a high rating on the followup email survey he sent me to complete. Very knowledgable and very patient.

Essence of the problem is the Quicken labeled Financial Institution labeled "Wells Fargo Bank" does NOT work well.

What DOES work on WF accounts is changing to the Quicken Financial Institution labeled "wellsfargononqfx.scr". Go figure that one out.

Once we removed the wrong named bank name and switched over to the corrected name, all three accounts began to work properly. Wonderful.

The Quicken guatamala located Customer Support operation is in need of severe help. Among the problem I encountered were:

1. Very, very noisy background. I heard at least five other conversations while trying to conduct my own conversation. Poor work area isolation.

2. Poor English language skills of staff. Hard to understand THEIR version of english words and sentence structure.

3. Poor skills and hands-on experience with Quicken technical capabilities.
    The rep had to constantly shift thru her computer screen to try and find answers. That proved they lacked any real hands-on personal knowledge or actual personal working skills with Quicken products.

4. Tendency to speak very, very rapidly. I had to continously beg them to slow down and talk at the pace that Americans talk at. This is a cultural problem that I have found in may latin and south american countries.
    Having personally traveled to 100 different foreign countries, via 217 foreign travel trips, this super rapid speaking seems to be most common overseas.

The future of Quicken must be called into account, if Customer Tech Support has been so down grated to the poor quaiity level found today.

My personal background includes and MBA in Finance, BBA in Accounting, several mid-level managerial jobs including hiring and firing, extensive computer systems and software IT background, and a Quicken customer since 1992.

My current Quicken file data size is 173 MB. Runs on a Lenovo Laptop Thinkpad T590 with I-7 CPU, 32 GB Ram, 1TB internal drive, that cost over $3,700 new and includes extensive five year manufacturer waranty coverage worldwide.

This is supported by NAS unit from Synology that contains four WD 10 TB "Gold" hard drives which are sealed with helium gas inside, that run on RAID six.

Answers

• router
    router Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Wells Fargo Bank has linkage problems, download activity problems, and unable to link accounts.
    Applies to MS Windows version, latest version, using FireFox. Dozens of other banks, credit cards and investment accounts work just fine.
    Repeated attempts to work with Quicken voice customer service in Guatamala has only generated repeated attempts that just repeat the [s]ame failures.
    Have worked for HOURS with Wells Fargo Tech support.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited November 2019
    Hello Router,

Thank you for providing the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for the frustration.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? You can find that by going to Help>About Quicken. Also, please see this FAQ for details on adding more information to your post so that other Community members are best able to assist you. 

Do you receive any specific error message(s) when attempting to update your accounts with Wells Fargo?

There is an active Alert for Wells Fargo that may be causing the issue you're experiencing. If you have not already done so, I suggest bookmarking the Alert so you can receive automatic updates as they're posted. 

Additionally, do you have a case number for your contact with Support, by chance? I was able to locate two interactions that you had with Support yesterday, one via chat and the other via phone, however, both were regarding the complaint you requested to file. I was unable to find an interaction prior to those or where the call was disconnected.

I also noticed there was a callback scheduled with you for this morning and the Agent did some troubleshooting with you. Is the issue now resolved?

Let us know!

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie 

• router
    router Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    TO: Quicken Natalie

The Q Version is R23.14, Build 27.1.23.14.

WF error message says "File download is blocked by policy" when using FireFox.

However, I was able to download successfully from WF when using MS Edge Browser. Why one browser failed and another worked is unknown.

An American based, English speaking Quicken Tech Rep called me back this morning and we spent two hours that solved most of my Quicken problems.

Wonderful guy. Gave him a high rating on the followup email survey he sent me to complete. Very knowledgable and very patient.

Essence of the problem is the Quicken labeled Financial Institution labeled "Wells Fargo Bank" does NOT work well.

What DOES work on WF accounts is changing to the Quicken Financial Institution labeled "wellsfargononqfx.scr". Go figure that one out.

Once we removed the wrong named bank name and switched over to the corrected name, all three accounts began to work properly. Wonderful.

The Quicken guatamala located Customer Support operation is in need of severe help. Among the problem I encountered were:

1. Very, very noisy background. I heard at least five other conversations while trying to conduct my own conversation. Poor work area isolation.

2. Poor English language skills of staff. Hard to understand THEIR version of english words and sentence structure.

3. Poor skills and hands-on experience with Quicken technical capabilities.
    The rep had to constantly shift thru her computer screen to try and find answers. That proved they lacked any real hands-on personal knowledge or actual personal working skills with Quicken products.

4. Tendency to speak very, very rapidly. I had to continously beg them to slow down and talk at the pace that Americans talk at. This is a cultural problem that I have found in may latin and south american countries.
    Having personally traveled to 100 different foreign countries, via 217 foreign travel trips, this super rapid speaking seems to be most common overseas.

The future of Quicken must be called into account, if Customer Tech Support has been so down grated to the poor quaiity level found today.

My personal background includes and MBA in Finance, BBA in Accounting, several mid-level managerial jobs including hiring and firing, extensive computer systems and software IT background, and a Quicken customer since 1992.

My current Quicken file data size is 173 MB. Runs on a Lenovo Laptop Thinkpad T590 with I-7 CPU, 32 GB Ram, 1TB internal drive, that cost over $3,700 new and includes extensive five year manufacturer waranty coverage worldwide.

This is supported by NAS unit from Synology that contains four WD 10 TB "Gold" hard drives which are sealed with helium gas inside, that run on RAID six.
This discussion has been closed.