Remove old categories from quick-fill

have a category (ie. "ABC:travel") that has been renamed to ("DEF:travel"), but it still shows up as a quickfill option when starting to type "travel." If I hit tab after starting to type "trave" it asks if I want to add a new category.

Is there a way to delete this quickfil item? It is no longer a category.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @JosFKirby

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that I haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with removing a category from the quick- fill the list, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if this helps to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • JosFKirby
    JosFKirby Member ✭✭
    Tyka - Thank you for the reply. This does not fix the issue. I renamed the category, but the old name still appears in the quickfil. Not sure how to resolve this.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a shot in the dark ...
    Did you rename the existing category or, while attempting to do so, create a new category instead while leaving the old one intact?
    And, what happened to transactions using the old category? Did they get recategorized or are they still floating around using the old name?
  • JosFKirby
    JosFKirby Member ✭✭
    I renamed the category. All transactions transferred over. The quick-fil still comes up with the old category name. If I accidently don't change it, I am asked if I would like to set up a new category name.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked in the Memorized Payee List for an entry which still remembers the old category?
    Or could this be a scheduled reminder which needs to be changed, too?
  • JosFKirby
    JosFKirby Member ✭✭
    Checked both the memorized Payee list and Reminders. No luck.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bottom of the barrel:

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• JosFKirby
    JosFKirby Member ✭✭
    Thank you. All updates are current and data file validation yields no errors.
This discussion has been closed.