Select the Order of Budget Columns vs. Budget Report Columns (2 Legacy Votes)

Options
imdcareys
imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2023 in Budget and Planning Tools
QuickenW 2016 R14.23

It would be nice to be able to select the order of columns in a Budget report.

When viewing the Budget in the Planning tab:

BUDGET        ACTUAL       BALANCE

When vewing the Budget in the Budget Report:

ACTUAL        BUDGET      Difference

I would simply like to see the columns the same in both, and my preference is to see them like this:

BUDGET         ACTUAL      DIFFERENCE

If this option exists, I cannot find it and would appreciate help in settting the columns in the Report. If not, I would like to submit the idea: Please add options to the Budget reports to arrange the columns and modify the headings.

Thanks,

Carey

Win 11 - Quicken Premier - v54.16

14 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Adriaan Nel
    Adriaan Nel Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I too would prefer the order of the Budget and Actual columns to be in the same order in the Planning tab and the Budget Report. The differing column ordering becomes especially bothersome when exporting the report / budget to a spreadsheet for further analysis.

In the Planning tab the column showing the difference between the budgeted and actual amounts is named "Balance" and in the Budget Report it's "Difference". I suggest the column name "Difference" be used in both the Planning tab and Budget Report.

I'm using Quicken Deluxe build 27.1.14.27.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reviewing this, I would vote on making this change.
    The Current Budget Report and the Historical Budget Report both should at least be changed to show columns in order
    Budget  Actual  Difference
    to make comparisons between budget view and report easier.
    I don't know if anything can be done about "Difference" vs "Balance" in the view vs report.
    "Balance" in the Budget view includes Rollover amounts from prior months.
    "Difference" in the reports does not.
    I would vote on the reports to be changed to also include Rollover amounts.

Vote if you want to see this change!
    Click the vote triangle under the vote count!
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    > @Claude Blouin said:
    It would also be nice to be able to see (and PRINT) the actual budget without ACTUAL and/or BALANCE columns. This option already exists in REPORTS and is very handy !
    >
    You can do that. With the budget in Annual View, Drop down the Details and select Budget Only. Then go to File> Print Budgets and Print it Landscape on Legal (or longer) paper or other.

• john2855
    john2855 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Can I change the order of budget rows and columns?
  • imdcareys
    imdcareys Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    john2855 said:
    Can I change the order of budget rows and columns?
    Hi John - You can prefix your budget categories with numbers and/or letters to force the sort order. Quicken sorts the budget categories in Alphanumeric order.

So:
       Transportation
       Utilities

Could be resorted in the Budget by renaming them something like:

01 Utilities
      02 Transportation

Hope this helps you.