I cannot find a security on the Portfolio page

I purchased a security and recorded in the appropriate account. It appears on my Portfolio Value Report by Account", but it does not appear in the portfolio listing no can I find it among the list of securities. How can I make that secvuity fully "active"?

Best Answer

Answers

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Customize the Portfolio View to ensure the security is selected. 
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • marvk
    marvk Member
    Thanks for your input. I tried that with no success.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Also in the Customize ensure the account is selected. Also what currency is it? Same as base currency of the portfolio?
    Quicken user since 1994.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another point to check - Security List, check to show hidden securities, make sure this security is not hidden.  
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    On a new transaction/new security I didn't think the default for Security List would be "hidden" but if that is the default, not a lot would show up in the Portfolio View.
    Quicken user since 1994.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jr7107 said:
    On a new transaction/new security I didn't think the default for Security List would be "hidden" but if that is the default, not a lot would show up in the Portfolio View.
    Point taken.  I thought perhaps this was a security he owned earlier and had hidden.  That is, he did not say it was a new security, only that it was a new purchase. 
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try File, File operations, validate and repair.  Then pick the first two options: Validate and Rebuild investing lots.

HTH

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all else fails ...
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
This discussion has been closed.