shoperule
shoperule Member ✭✭
How can I stop this from happening.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @shoperule

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

If you are still needing help with this pop-up, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • shoperule
    shoperule Member ✭✭
    What you suggest does not work. The item "Review my accounts for reminders to suggest" is not checked and still has popup suggesting bills and income reminders. I would like a fix for this issue.
  • shoperule
    shoperule Member ✭✭
    Also why is the "Decline all suggested reminders" grayed out? If it was possible to do this would it solve this issue?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tell us more about the exact sequence of events, please. The two "Review ..." and "Decline ..." options are not responsible for this popup message.
    What are you doing when this message pops up?
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Further to @UKR reply, this window appears when a reminder is queued in the Bill and Income Reminders tab at the bottom of the account register that Quicken recognizes as a possible match to the register entry just entered or modified.

I have the exact opposite issue in that Quicken rarely recognizes a downloaded transaction as matching a pending Reminder. Never in an investment account and almost never in a spending account. The only time I might get the prompt window is for a manually entered transaction or a download that was modified.
  • shoperule
    shoperule Member ✭✭
    After adding to my banking register I select save then the popups begin.
    Then I have to go through several selecting no until they stop
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2019
    My guess is that the payee names you have chosen for the reminders are too generic so that they are often determined to be a potential match.

Adding- For your screen shot I would change the Reminder Payee to be TRP (I use the full name of the security) and choose a category of LTCG or STCG distribution.  If you have "dividend" or "capital gain" in the name of every reminder and payee, they will all get assigned as potential matches.
  • shoperule
    shoperule Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. What I am wanting is to stop all reminders. So they will not popup.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm wondering ... it appears to me that you are creating a new register transaction from scratch while there is a pending Scheduled Reminder waiting to be executed.
    Wouldn't it be better if you selected the Scheduled Reminder from the register's Bills and Income Reminders tab, letting it create the proper new register transaction for you?
  • shoperule
    shoperule Member ✭✭
    Thanks again for your input. All i am changing in the savings register is the updating of the amount of interest on one line and the transfer of the total amount into a different category on the next line. When I change the amount and click save the popups start happening.
This discussion has been closed.