Application crash when clicking Help->Enter Activation Code

rickscherer
rickscherer Member ✭✭
Existing installation, expires next month, have new activation code.

Clicking Help->Enter Activation Code, application crashes and Quicken Crash Report opens up.

Is there any way I can enter in this activation code to extend my license?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• rickscherer
    rickscherer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Come to find out the issue is based on the fact that I have a long username in Windows 10, my full name (with space). I created a second account, with admin privileges, and I was able to activate (extend my subscription) with no problem.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you extend your subscription at the quicken.com web site: select Sign In > My Account
  • rickscherer
    rickscherer Member ✭✭
    Great option, but what if I have an activation code? I can't use that on the website with an existing subscription.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Let's try some "Troubleshooting 101" to ensure the Quicken software is installed and updated properly and that your data file is in good working order.
    Please perform all the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• rickscherer
    rickscherer Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Come to find out the issue is based on the fact that I have a long username in Windows 10, my full name (with space). I created a second account, with admin privileges, and I was able to activate (extend my subscription) with no problem.
  • Kevin McAlexander
    Kevin McAlexander Member ✭✭✭
    I have this exact same issue.
  • rickscherer
    rickscherer Member ✭✭
    > @Kevin McAlexander said:
    > I have this exact same issue.

If you use a long username, perhaps one with a space, I'd recommend creating a Windows admin account with a small username (like admin) and trying in that account.
  • Kevin McAlexander
    Kevin McAlexander Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, that "workaround" does in fact work, but it's an obvious bug that Quicken needs to fix.
  • rickscherer
    rickscherer Member ✭✭
    > @Kevin McAlexander said:
    > Yes, that "workaround" does in fact work, but it's an obvious bug that Quicken needs to fix.

Agreed.
This discussion has been closed.