Missing category history transactions in Annual view

In "Annual view" and "budget only" I have missing monthly category values but yet the category history transactions shows the missing value there. I've tried turning ON and OFF that category and closing and re-opening Quicken but the value never shows up in the monthly view. I guess I could go ahead and manually type the value in. Maybe I had some how deleted the value not sure.

Comments

• The Quicken I'm using
    Yr: 2020
    Ver: R23.17
    Build: 27.1.23.17
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you are still needing assistance with this category missing information from the budget in Quicken and haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps available here.

Please let us know how it goes!
    Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Tyka thanks for the reply. I'll give this data validation a try, little not comfortable in reading through the link data validation process.
    Here's something to add to this issue I just happen on looking at the 2020 forward budget that I had already created and ALL the values are missing now from the monthly annual view but the Transactions window shows them. Earlier there was only a few values not being shown but now all of them. I tried creating a new budget and surprise all the monthly values are there matching the Transaction window. I actually still need to go through all the categories but for sure I'm see the monthly values with this new budget. This indicates that my data file is probably valid. I hate to say this but something is not right .

I'll still do the date file validation process.

Mike
  • FYI a noted update I'm no longer seeing in the troubled budget the category "budget amount options" icons. In my other new created budget these category icons are there. Did I some how turn those icons off from being viewed? Could I have done sometime in my settings and preferences to have caused this?
    Mike
  • The validation data file check did find and fixed 12 damaged categories. A snip of the data_log is attached, the attachment doesn't allow a txt file to attached. Here's one of the fixed lines
    Validating your data.
    Fixed damaged category. Please check your category list by going to Tools>Category List.
    I checked my category list and there's no categories flagged that fixed so I don't know which were. I wish I know if I had caused the error and how.

OK so do I now use this new backup copy data file? Should I validate the original data file to and use it?

Thanks Mike
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Michael,

Thank you for the response, and for running the validate and repair and letting me know the results.

You would want to move forward with the copy of the file as it has now been validated.

After this step, does the budget appear to work properly now, or are you still experiencing this original issue?

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Using the bkup data file, the data validation category fix didn't fix the budget issue of missing monthly values and the missing category budget icons. Created a new budget and appears good :), the spending and budget $ are much much lower and more inline.
    Appreciate if someone could reply to the question in my recent posted comments.

Thanks Mike
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Micheal,

Thank you for the response.

As far as I know, there aren't any settings available to disable icons from displaying in the budget and sounds as though the budget is no longer working properly.

Have you attempted to restore a backup prior to this issue occurring?

If the validate and repair didn't work to correct the previous budget and a new budget is working, it sounds as though the problem resides in the old budget and restoring a backup may be the only way to avoid starting over with a new budget.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • No I didn't attempt to restore a backup prior to this budget issue occurring. I really wish I new what was wrong with the fixed categories. Oh well letting go and moving ahead. The budget is looks much better (no so scary as before).

Should I delete or validate the original QData file since if has damaged categories?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Michael,

Thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, the validation doesn't provide more information than what appears at the end of running the utility, I apologize.

You would want to move forward with the copy of the file as it has now been validated.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.