Since downloading the latest update, Quicken continually shutsdown when doing a backup

Since I downloaded the most recent version, Quicken continues to shut down on backups. I have not changed any settings. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Keeps happening. I noticed others with this same issue. Is there a fix in place?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the backup folder?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Ekowalk
    Ekowalk Member ✭✭
    I've been running a Windows version on Parallels on a MAC for the past 5+ years, and have changed nothing to cause this. The path is, and has been, \\Mac\Home\Documents\Quicken\BACKUP\.
  • Ekowalk
    Ekowalk Member ✭✭
    I've also backed up to the C drive on Windows...path being : This PC/Documents/Quicken/Backup. All this worked fine until the last Quicken upgrade.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Are these manual or automatic backups? Please post the exact steps you're using.
  • Ekowalk
    Ekowalk Member ✭✭
    From Quicken, select File, Back Up and Restore, Back up quicken file, and select back up now .....it churns for a minute, then Quicken shuts down...just closes and I have to re open it. I've tried modifying process by selecting "add date to back up file name", but same result. Manual back up's...
  • Ekowalk
    Ekowalk Member ✭✭
    I've tried changing the back up path, tried backing up to desktop, etc....same thing. I've used Quicken for 20 years...no problems...till this.
  • chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity...what's your filename?  Sometimes very long file names, spaces, special characters can give Quicken a problem with backups. 
  • Ekowalk
    Ekowalk Member ✭✭
    Was Ehrets.qdf.....Switched to Ehrets New.Qdf to see if that worked. Any idea's on back up file size limitations..?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    A Quicken backup file is just a copy of the .QDF file with a .QDF-backup extension so I don't think there is a limit. Have you tried reinstalling Quicken using QCleanUI?
This discussion has been closed.