Does quicken backup all data everytime or just to previous backup?

I have numerous backup files dating back 7 years. Is it safe to delete some of them. I do not know if when you backup it copies everything from day one of using quicken or just to previous backup. I am am trying to reduce disk space

Best Answers

Answers

• Jim
    Jim Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the answers. I backup to C drive and flashdrive. Hopefully I can save me some hard drive space now
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim said:
    Thanks for the answers. I backup to C drive and flashdrive. Hopefully I can save me some hard drive space now

You want to use more than 1 flashdrive (thumbdrive), since they do die, use 2 or three and rotate between them.
    Using cloud storage is also a good idea since a flood, a fire or a natural disaster can wipe out anything that you store locally.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    I second the idea of backing up to a cloud based drive.  I set up 7 different folders on the drive labelled Sunday through Saturday...and then backup to the appropriate day of the week folder on the cloud.  That gives me seven backups.  

Your personal financial data is probably the most valuable data you'll have on your PC.  If your home is destroyed, you need to have off site backups available.  
This discussion has been closed.