Importing spouse accounts into existing separate quicken account?

My husband passed away earlier this year. He and I had separate accounts and we each had quicken installed on separate computers. I would like to be able to deactivate his computer (it's Windows 7) and import /merge his quicken accounts onto my computer. The accounts are all long closed so it would just be for historical purposes. I can't seem to find any documentation on this - I found one post which some users remarked was obsolete as of 2004! :

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7150406/how-to-merge-two-quicken-files

Best Answers

Answers

• malmo
    malmo Member
    I should clarify - HIS accounts are closed as of earlier this year. My accounts are all open and active.
  • malmo
    malmo Member
    Thank you both so much. I was hoping I'd at least be able to do something like that. I have a third windows computer available that does not yet have quicken installed on it. I planned to "play" with that one so that the data on my computer and his remained intact and uncorrupted.
  • malmo
    malmo Member
    I just wanted to post my resolution here in case others have the same issue. I was able to install quicken on a third "fresh" computer and import my husband's data file - making sure the backup file was named differently from mine. Quicken does give a rather ominous message that it will replace my cloud data with the data I wanted to restore. I tried disconnecting the computer from the internet to make sure that did not happen, but then Quicken would not let me restore the data. I knew I had secure backups of my latest data both on my original computer's C drive plus a thumb drive, so I held my breath, reconnected new computer to internet, and proceeded with restore. I was able to view my husband's data. Then I tried opening a thumb drive backup of my accounts and was successful. I did not sync anything to cloud on exit.

My needs may be more limited than most; I will never need to update any of my
    husband's account data. I just wanted to make sure I did not lose access to my husband's historical quicken transactions as his computer was still Windows 7 which will no longer be supported after 1/13/20.

Thanks again for the quick and helpful responses!
This discussion has been closed.