Can't stop recurring payments

About 3 months ago, I canceled recurring online payments I made through Quicken. I never had a Quicken Bill Pay account to my knowledge. My problem is that the checks are still being created and mailed. The bank (Wells Fargo) shows that they are inactive and shows no future payments, and yet they keep getting created and generated.

Since I did this through Quicken (this goes back a long time), I'm not familiar with Quicken Bill Pay at all. Is there something in the background that is continuing to create these checks? Who should I contact? I've spoken to my bank's online section, Quicken Bill Pay, and Quicken software support. I have Quicken Premiere, which I thought entitled me to some sort of expedited support. Not so expedited...
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Meredith P
    Meredith P Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found out what the problem was (it took months), in case this happens to anyone else.

Originally, I set Quicken Bill Pay up in Quicken using one online account. Had no idea this had any impact. When I tried to cancel the recurring payments, by then, I was using a different online account (with access to the same accounts). Long story about the two accounts used for online access. In any event, once I logged on using the ORIGINAL online account access, re-activated Bill Pay, then deleted recurring payments, all appears to be well. It was a bank online help employee that finally suggested this. Kudos to her. I had called every month since October for solutions and finally got it this month. Whew!

Answers

• Meredith P
    Meredith P Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    I found out what the problem was (it took months), in case this happens to anyone else.

Originally, I set Quicken Bill Pay up in Quicken using one online account. Had no idea this had any impact. When I tried to cancel the recurring payments, by then, I was using a different online account (with access to the same accounts). Long story about the two accounts used for online access. In any event, once I logged on using the ORIGINAL online account access, re-activated Bill Pay, then deleted recurring payments, all appears to be well. It was a bank online help employee that finally suggested this. Kudos to her. I had called every month since October for solutions and finally got it this month. Whew!
This discussion has been closed.