I am entering a New Budget For 2020 & Personal Expense Total Doesn't Balance to 12 Months.

The 12 Months on the Personal Expenses Summary on my budget doesn't balance to the 12 detail Months. The income summary line does balance... When I do the quicken Budget report it balances fine. HELP...
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Hello Robert

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community although, I apologize that you haven't received a response.

To be able to get an answer we'll need a bit more information to be able to assist.

Are you able to see any missing categories that would point to discrepancy?

It may also be helpful to provide a screenshot of the problem using the Windows Snipping Tool.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Greetings Tyka:

It's Robert here I think I found the problem (Bug?) inside quicken. It is not rolling up the "Sub Categories of a category into the "To Date" balance" of the summary line. Only the main category.

Note: Even though it says that you "Reply Directly this email".. Err.. you can't.
    If you send me a valid email address I will send you screen shots.

Robert
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you have found out, even though the email says that you can reply directly to an email sent to you by the Community ... you can't. I've been wondering why this known problem still hasn't been fixed for new 1-star members by Quicken, in cooperation with Vanilla, the software provider.
    To respond to a Community email you need to do so from the Community webpage. Ditto when it comes to attaching images to your reply.

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons possibly beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Greetings:
    Here is the image of the $189.00 not being rolled upwards into the "To Date" balance.. It does with the budget.. Not the "To Date".. which it should.
    Robert
  • Any progress on this question?
    Thanks
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Robert Kingsbury

Thank you for the response and for providing more details, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

At this time I would recommend contacting support for further assistance.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to better view what you are experiencing and locate the issue.

Thank you

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.