net worth report displays wrong market value (by trillions of dollars) for select accounts

For 12/31/2019 the net worth report is displaying the wrong market value for two accounts only. The ending balance is off by trillions of dollars. Prior years' ending balances for those accounts are correct. When I download the underlying data into Excel and add the transaction details I get the correct (or approximately correct) values. This is a calculation error in Quicken, but only for select accounts, not all accounts. These accounts have the same characteristics as other accounts. Very curious.

Comments

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

see if you have any wrong Security prices or prices dated in the future.  You can just right click on the security and edit the price history to view the prices.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a number like "92 quadrillion"?  If so, do a site search for that phrase and see if any prior approaches help you.   
  • I am experiencing the same problem but also with some credit card and bank checking accounts, but not all accounts. Some are off by millions. Was not the case in recent past. How best to solve this issue?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Carlson1246

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with account balances and thank you for reporting the issues to the Community.

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available here, and let us know if this helps to locate and resolve the incorrect balances.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Rak2700
    Rak2700 Member
    I have had the same problem since the most recent new build. Is there any ETA on when this would be corrected, the work around you specify would take me forever as the balances aren't calculating correctly in a number of accounts.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    @Rak2700
    I had suggested searching this site for "92 quadrillion".  One of the posts that should come up is this one. 
     https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7198366/92-quadrillion-problem 

Therein a user found a 'simpler' fix but it may not work for everyone or be simple for everyone.  I think the fix Quicken_Sarah pointed to is a more global fix.

The other posts turned up by a search may yield other possibilities.  In that at its heart, this is a corrupted transaction or data problem, there may not be a fix that can be applied retroactively.  In other words, even it they identify the cause of the corruption, fixing the corruption may still be necessary on a case-by-case basis as identified by Sarah's or others methods. 

Restoring a backup may also be a 'fix' (the backup may get handled by the new build correctly).  I would not wait on a 'fix' to be released.  
This discussion has been closed.